Hola mi gente!
It’s been a while since we last heard from each other! How are ya? How’s the family, the job, the animals? Good? Great! I wanted to give you more of an insight into my life. I share a lot on my blog and Instagram, but there is so much you may not know about me. So I present to you ”12 Fun Facts about me, Cafecito in Chicago.”
- My name is pronounced (Ae-n ah-EE s).My parents named me after the French-Cuban author Anais Nin. It was definitely a harder name to grow up with as many people didn’t know how to pronounce it. I used to not care how people would say it, but as I got older I grew more confident in my name.
- I’m really into astrology and always eager to learn more. I’m an Aquarius sun, Sagittarius moon, and a rising Leo.
- In middle school I won two awards; one for “Driest Sense of Humor” and another forMost Likely To Be a Ninja”
- My lucky number is 12 — hence why I chose to write 12 things about me.
- I played the violin for 10 years. It was a really big part of my childhood and early teenage years. I went to a magnet middle school, overnight sleepaway camps, spent hours in rehearsals and private lessons, and even had the opportunity to travel for competitions. To be honest, it wasn’t something I truly enjoyed, but today I’m grateful for the experience.
- I actually am not 100% Cuban — plot twist I know. My dad is full Cuban, but my mom is half Puerto-Rican and half Italian.
- One of my top priorities are my friends. I take my relationships with others very seriously, and my friends are my world. I am truly the happiest when I am in the company of a close friend. I even wrote a letter to my college friends on my blog!
- I love going to concerts. I am so lucky my parents taught me the magic of live music. My first concert was Hilary Duff when I was 7 years old. I’ve seen Fall Out Boy, U2, 30 Seconds to Mars, the Jonas Brothers (3 times now), Zedd, Bassnecter, just to name a few.
- My drink of choice is gin + tonics, I’m hoping to get into making craft gin + tonics soon so send me your favorite recipes!
- When I was younger I hated exercising or any type of physical movement. My parents put me in dance which became a hobby that didn’t last long. I hated P.E, and could barely run the mile, and now I can’t picture my life without fitness. I take different workout classes 2-3 times a week, and have run two half marathons!
- I can’t fall asleep unless I’m listening to the Rain & Thunder Sound Therapy from the Insight Meditation Timer and have the fan on the highest speed.
- I traveled a lot with my grandparents as a kid. They took me to Alaska, Hawaii, New York City, Puerto Rico, and North Carolina. They put a huge emphasis on traveling and experiencing new cultures. I take this trait with me and have a desire to travel all the time.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg about me, but I hope it gives you a bit of an insight! You can follow more of my day to day life on Instagram!
Photography from Allie Klawitter Photography