Today I am officially 21 years old. To say the least, 20 was rough. It brought anxiety, heartbreak, doubt, but it also brought self-love, friendships, adventure, and opportunity. To kick-off my 21st year on this planet, I wanted to reflect on the 21 things I am most grateful for.
- The light that shines through my apartment every morning.
- Hometown friends who pick things up right where we left off.
- The CHAARG community; from the girls of my own chapter to girls from all over the world.
- The smell of my Abuela’s cuban coffee.
- The crazy and adventurous trips I get to experience with my family.
- My best friend and our margarita traditions.
- My education at a university where I am proud to be a student.
- My roommate and her strength to live with me.
- The CHAARG Nationals; thank you so much for always listening to my rants ++believing in me.
- My mom’s advice-even when I don’t want to admit that she’s right.
- The sun and who shines bright; even on cold winter days.
- My part-time job.
- My CTA Ventra pass; the start of all my adventures.
- The life the city of Chicago has brought to me.
- My connection with my yoga mat.
- The one, the only, the 305.
- The village that raised me.
- The sanity my Passion Planner brings to my week.
- My body and the strength it shows me.
- Sunday brunches filled with laughter, coffee, and pancakes.
21. The opportunity to wake up everyday, breathe, create, work, and become the best version of myself.
Cheers to 21.